My winter break went well, overall I had a good time. Although I had a good time I did not really stay vegetarian. Holidays were around and I really enjoy eating holiday food. I did not want to feel judged by my family for not eating any of the meat or things that contained meat. So I caved in and ate meat. Out of the 14 days, I was probably a vegetarian for 5 of them. It is not that great, and definitely not the foal that I kept but I did something.
Next week I will attempt to have people cut back on their meat consumption. That is what I am doing, and it makes a difference on the earth too. For instance, just cutting back on meat consumption is a good thing to do, and not that difficult. Easy steps like just choosing a vegetarian option are not that hard. I will just educate people about the factors of eating meat, but on an environmental level. An advertising strategy that I could incorporate is on meat food products put the facts on the packaging of how much water and co^2 is being used up on just that piece of meat. It could make the person think a second about it. They may not stop buying the product but they would at least have it on their conscious.
As I have said before I do not think I would be able to keep up being a veggie head for 5 out of 7 days of the week. I would go vegetarian for 3 out of the 7 days though. Still would be changing but not as impactful. I do think I could talk to other people about this, and possibly have my family members convert to this as well. Doing this project definitely has made me think of other things I use in my life, and how it affects the environment. Now that I have knowledge of my carbon footprint I do want to do other things to reduce my footprint.
1) Robertson, Colin. “6 Factors That Influence Our Behavior.” Willpowered Evolution, Willpowered Evolution, 1 Dec. 2014,
www.willpowered.co/learn/factors-of-behavior-influence.
2) Arena, Christine. “6 Ways To Make Brand Sustainability Resonate With Consumers.” Fast Company, Fast Company, 22 Aug. 2013, www.fastcompany.com/3015902/6-ways-to-make-brand-sustainability-resonate-with-consumers.
Next week I will attempt to have people cut back on their meat consumption. That is what I am doing, and it makes a difference on the earth too. For instance, just cutting back on meat consumption is a good thing to do, and not that difficult. Easy steps like just choosing a vegetarian option are not that hard. I will just educate people about the factors of eating meat, but on an environmental level. An advertising strategy that I could incorporate is on meat food products put the facts on the packaging of how much water and co^2 is being used up on just that piece of meat. It could make the person think a second about it. They may not stop buying the product but they would at least have it on their conscious.
As I have said before I do not think I would be able to keep up being a veggie head for 5 out of 7 days of the week. I would go vegetarian for 3 out of the 7 days though. Still would be changing but not as impactful. I do think I could talk to other people about this, and possibly have my family members convert to this as well. Doing this project definitely has made me think of other things I use in my life, and how it affects the environment. Now that I have knowledge of my carbon footprint I do want to do other things to reduce my footprint.
1) Robertson, Colin. “6 Factors That Influence Our Behavior.” Willpowered Evolution, Willpowered Evolution, 1 Dec. 2014,
www.willpowered.co/learn/factors-of-behavior-influence.
2) Arena, Christine. “6 Ways To Make Brand Sustainability Resonate With Consumers.” Fast Company, Fast Company, 22 Aug. 2013, www.fastcompany.com/3015902/6-ways-to-make-brand-sustainability-resonate-with-consumers.
Comments
Post a Comment